Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Year!

Today is the first day of 2010; the entire year is spread out before us right now, full of possibilities and opportunities. It is a time to celebrate, because we have been given another chance, another "blank slate", in which to improve our lives.

I don't believe in resolutions; they are too easily broken, but I do believe in positive thinking and working towards a goal. Whatever motivates you is the key to success. And, keeping your goals attainable and your expectations reasonable will provide much more fulfillment on a personal level. "Baby steps, baby steps!"

Here's what I would like to focus on in 2010:
  • letting my precious husband know every day how much he is loved
  • treasuring the life that I have been given, and never taking it for granted
  • maintaining healthy exercise and eating habits
  • slowly getting back to my pre-cancer weight for my continued health
  • seeing the beauty in the tiniest things all around us
  • not giving up my dream of retiring to Maui (and hoping to be back there very soon!)
  • keeping my heart open to others and the joy that this gives back to me
  • being thankful for my wonderful job, my friends, my home
Happy New Year, Everyone! May we all have health and happiness in 2010.

2 comments: